Data lovers, unite! Lumerate is searching for an awesome post-secondary student to join us for 8 months in the fall/winter as a co-op student on our Zymewire Data Team!
Who is Lumerate?
We help our customers achieve the full picture of their industries. We also strive to achieve our own personal full pictures from a career fulfillment and learning perspective. We’re in the business of gathering intelligence about industries and delivering it to the right people within those industries through innovative software interfaces. Our vision is to be the world's most useful and trusted source of information for professionals seeking to understand what's happening in their industry.
Our mission: To deliver industry awareness to an ever-increasing number of people, in whatever way helps them to make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
All about Zymewire:
Zymewire, Lumerate’s first product, is an intelligence tool designed for sales professionals in the biotech and pharma service provider space to understand what is happening in their niches. Today more than 380 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals. We are well-positioned to hire a new Data Specialist to help us extend our reach and impact even further.
What the role looks like:
In this role your main responsibility will be to review and analyze news content from pharma/biotech company web sources, bringing them into Zymewire to be made actionable for our users through data and machine learning processes. You will also work closely with the rest of the Zymewire data team each day on a number of tasks and projects to ensure that Zymewire users are receiving the most up-to-date industry activity for their sales and marketing efforts.
As we're funding this position with the assistance of the Student Work Placement Program and the Ontario Co-operative education tax credit candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Registered full-time or part-time under a co‑operative education program in a publicly funded Ontario post-secondary institution.
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, including specific province legislation and regulations
More about YOU:
- You enjoy hunting for information on the web
- You have an interest in biotech/pharma
- You’re highly organized
- You're very comfortable using Excel/Google Sheets
- You’re super curious (like George), about everything
- You consider yourself to be tech-savvy, and you’re excited by the idea of working for a software company.
- You’re detail-oriented, so you’ll notice that we’d like you to mention WALL-E in your cover letter
- Your enthusiasm is contagious!
The Zymewire Team at Lumerate is the right place for you if you’re interested in:
- Learning about some of the practical applications of data science
- Gaining an understanding of career options beyond those you may be currently thinking about
- Being a part of an experienced team with skills in machine learning, development, business and organizational culture
- Helping to shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
8am - 4pm EST, Mon-Thu
8am - 12pm EST Fri
+ 3.5 hours on Sunday
Flexibility can be discussed.
Remote, anywhere in Canada
Start Date: August 21, 2023
End Date: April 21, 2023
Already picturing your first day as our next Data Associate? Apply now with your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lumerate is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.