We’re on a mission to empower informed industry conversations across the world. Our business model uses a flexible technology platform to fulfill the needs of many different industry verticals. An informed industry conversation could take the form of a conversation between a sales professional and a prospect, a CEO and her leadership team, a VP of Marketing and his content writer or any other number of forms. By informed, we see our responsibility as ensuring our customers and users look smart while talking about their respective industry niches. Our competitors go broad and shallow: we go narrow and deep with focused brands built around each industry.
Our new brand launch efforts happen through an incubator-style team within the company. This team is led by our CEO and is made up of different brand leaders at different stages of launch and growth.
The New Market Development Analyst role will contribute primarily at the leading edge of our brand-exploration efforts. You’ll be helping quantify, validate and understand new potential markets for us to launch products into. This is a role very well suited to someone who is interested in entrepreneurship but wants to round out their own skills before venturing out on their own. You might be someone who is highly technical and wants to learn more about sales and finance, or you might be a seller who wants to hone your analytical abilities.
Some of the core day-to-day activities of this role include:
- Conducting market-sizing analyses.
- Coordinating interviews with people and companies outside of the current Lumerate total addressable market.
- Attending conferences to understand new industries.
- Executing market validation experiments.
- Preparing summaries of interviews and analysis for other Lumerites to learn from.
- Working with the Talent and Culture team to plan hiring and recruitment efforts and build new brand teams.
- Coordinating trademark searches and contributing to brand-name selections.
- Assisting brand leaders with the planning and execution of their respective strategies.
This role will be a good fit for you if you identify with at least one of the following:
- You have existing customer-facing or sales experiences that you want to build upon.
- You have an interest in learning more sales skills and the idea of having lots of quality mentors around you is appealing.
- You want to learn how to launch companies, so you can one day launch your own.
- You enjoy market analysis and you want to apply your skills.
- You’re in a non-Saas industry and you want to break into Saas.
- You value good company culture.
- You are attentive to detail and you mention "Artoo" in your cover letter.
- You enjoy non-fiction books and learning about how the world works (we like fiction too!).
- You went to business school and loved case studies.
- You consider yourself to be a better listener than talker.
We welcome two main types of applicants to this role: (1) people who are looking for a career shift and have completed a university-level education in their past, and (2) people who are new grads from a business school program.
Because there aren’t a lot of positions similar to this, we are not necessarily on the lookout for someone who has already made a career out of doing this sort of thing. Compensation will be in the $70K to $85K CAD range depending on your fit with the role.
Apply today by submitting your cover letter and resume. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
At Lumerate we celebrate diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are passionate about fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Lumerate is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process